This position requires an individual with excellent organisational, practical, and personal skills. As well as running the various aspects of the club outlined below, the candidate will play an integral part in advising and assisting the board in identifying and developing growth opportunities, both during and outside of the rugby season.
- At all times the individual will represent the club in a professional and friendly manner, in line with the club’s values, as well as providing a visible presence in line with hours to be confirmed.
- Work based on a policy of ‘rarely shut’:- Ensure the clubhouse is always fully operational and ready for use during and out of season. (Varied times will apply)
- Identify, develop, and promote commercial opportunities where the club facilities can be utilised both during and outside of the rugby season
- Continuously explore and implement cost savings, efficiencies, and service improvements and always deliver the highest professional standards and quality of service
- Take ownership of the club calendar and work with all parties to ensure the club is always adequately staffed and stocked for all events and ready to generate income at every opportunity
- Recruit and manage any necessary staff (including contracts, training, and payment) in line with a budget pre-agreed with the board.
- Manage upkeep of the clubhouse including all necessary annual maintenance of services within the clubhouse (including compliance with all H&S obligations), as well as the upkeep of the immediate area surrounding the clubhouse, including car parks.
- Oversee the upkeep/maintenance of all the playing surfaces at the club including liaising with the council and/or any other external contractors.
- Prepare a report for each board meeting giving a full update all aspects covered by the role
Bar / Café / Catering:
- Oversee the running of the club’s bar (in partnership with the bar manager), kitchen, and café facilities: – i.e., Equipment servicing, Ordering, Deliveries, Stock keeping, Storage, cellarage, banking etc.
- Maintain all standards associated with a ‘public house’, including product excellence.
- Achieve value for money in all purchasing, in accordance with any protocols laid down by the Committee.
- Keep accurate records of all stock – (drink, food, clothing etc)
- Identify, promote, and implement any commercial opportunities where the club facilities can be utilised during the season in a way that fits with the club ethos.
- Identify, promote, and implement any commercial opportunities where the club facilities can be utilised outside of the regular season in a way that fits with the club ethos.
The role will report to Director of House & Grounds
Working hours to be confirmed but likely up to 30hrs per week during the Rugby season (September to May) and up to 15hrs per week during the off-season.
The position offers a competitive salary/benefits package as well as a potential performance related bonus.
Applications should be sent to Nickvano@twrfc.com