As members we all know that TWRFC is great family orientated club offering a brilliant atmosphere for members and players to enjoy their rugby. As part of the three year development plan the club is getting even better – a short way into 2019/20 season and we’ve already seen new playing kit across the club (kudos to the sponsorship team), improvements in club house audio visual, pitch side PA and gym. More events are in the pipeline and many of you will have seen initial plans for ground floor catering to improve the pitch side experience – and all of that is just for starters!
Yet outside of our membership do many people know much about the club, its aims, the atmosphere and facilities?
TWRFC has been described as one of Tunbridge Wells best kept secrets – and that is something we are trying to change.
We are actively trying to improve awareness of the club through:
• Improved social media – look and feel and content
• Increased press coverage beyond first team match reports – see this weeks Times of Tunbridge Wells for coverage of our “SOS Kit Aid” campaign
• Fixture list posters around town,
• We’ve put in a schedule of all Youth Teams to submit stories so people can see the engagement across all age groups,
• We are looking at more prominent advertising around town,
• Having stands at local events,
• Making our first team home fixtures more of an event.
But what more can we do? Do you have any suggestions for stories, events or anything that could raise the profile of the club to wider community? If you do drop a comment below or email me at email@example.com.
Look forward to hearing from you!