With less than three weeks until the start of the season the rugby club is a hive of activity right now getting ready for the season ahead:
- Senior training is well under way and they have a pre-season game vs TJ’s this Saturday. Come down and see this years squad.
- The youth coaches are working up their plans for the season ahead to make their sessions fun, engaging and effective.
- Lots of personal development under way by the youth coaches to keep up to date with the latest RFU courses and guidelines.
- The Club is investing: In its infrastructure, facilities and equipment continues: New website, clubhouse improvements and new balls/bibs/tackle pads etc
As I start my first season as the Youth Chair, member of the TWRFC Executive Committee and Director of TWRFC Limited I have to say it is enlightening to see quite how much goes on behind the scenes: The financial planning, 3 year business plans, player recruitment, fundraising etc etc. Even more impressive is quite how many people volunteer their time and pull together to keep the club the heart of our Community.
I have been around the club since I was a junior, playing for many years and was delighted to coach when my son Ollie entered reception a few years ago. TWRFC is a wonderful place to introduce kids to rugby, to develop those core life skills (Teamwork, Respect, Enjoyment, Discipline, Sportsmanship) and hopefully eventually play senior rugby. I will be pulling on the boots for the seniors/vets again this year….one more year!
Anyway, enough reminiscing the new season is almost here, so it’s time to:
- Pay your membership via twrfc.com
- Order some new boots, mouthguard etc
- Order some club stash from our new provider (Samurai) by visiting the clubs new on-line kit shop at twrfc.com/shop
- Volunteer in whatever capacity you can to help your local club.
- Prepare for the party to start on Sunday 2nd September!
Talking of party, the first full club social is already in the diary for the 29th September: The Summer Ball. Be good to see you all there!