There are several types of content on the website which you may want to create/update:
- News Articles (displayed on front page)
- Team Pages – each team has one of these (e.g. https://twrfc.com/team/u8/)
- Blog Posts – Usually used for opinions and/or other updates that isn’t really news… (e.g. https://twrfc.com/blog/development-update-january-2019/)
- Other Static Pages – e.g. the information pages, or https://twrfc.com/youth
The website is operated on a permissive basis. There is no ‘editor review’, if you’ve been given access then you are trusted to post; please consider yourselves empowered; the more great content the better.
When posting to the site please consider:
- That the post represents the public image that TWRFC wants to maintain (we are a friendly family club, and want to continue to attract new members and supports from local area).
- For opinion-pieces or personal updates – a blog post is generally the best format, they are by their nature the author’s soapbox. Even so please make sure that the post isn’t contrary to the club’s values or ethos.
The crib-sheet below covers adding new News and Blogs, and making updates to existing Team & Static Pages. If you have permissions to create new pages then I’m assuming you already know what you are doing.
Appears on the front page, and News Archive page https://twrfc.com/club-news/
|To create a News entry:
Each team (junior & seniors already has an existing team page)
|If you are the ‘Team Manager’ of a team (within wordpress) you will have rights to edit the content of that teams page:
Usually used for opinions and/or other updates that isn’t really news… visible from ‘Latest Posts’ sidebar.
|To create a blog entry:
Updating a static page
Such as O2 Touch, Information Pages, Club house updates.
|Each page has an owner who can update it (pages can have only one owner). Additionally anybody with ‘Editor’ rights can update any page.