Welcome to Under 8’s rugby at Tunbridge Wells RFC, a local rugby club that prides itself on community, inclusiveness and fun for children of all ages and abilities.
The U8’s is our group for boys and girls in Year 3.
So let’s start with a very warm welcome to St. Marks if it’s your first season and an equally warm welcome back if your child is moving up from the U8’s!
- Training will have to be booked in advance, if you have not booked then your child will unfortunately not be allowed to attend the training session on the day.
- Booking for training will be done through the Spond app (see membership registration below) we will create events to which you will be able to confirm attendance for. You will need to be registered on Spond to receive updates and invites and priority will be give to paid members for sessions.
- Sessions are based on the coaches ratio per child in regards to the clubs guidance on numbers for training. Fortunately, we have good coaching numbers in the Under 8s this season and we do not anticipate limiting numbers. However, this may change if we need to help other age groups out.
- Please bring all the usual items to training but also your own hand sanitisers.
- We are in the area highlighted in yellow. This is the first pitch you meet as you walk down the small hill that separates the first team pitch with the lower pitches. (Pitch 2a , 2b and Cricket 3).
To cultivate a team ethic and rugby spirit we pride ourselves on the fact that “Through wind and rain – TWRFC always train” (unless there is severe weather!) – please see “locations for training” below to our other training location in bad weather.