CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19): INFORMATION AND ADVICE [UPDATED MAR-16]
Important message for all club members and visitors
Dear Members and Visitors,
The Government and the RFU have now issued more prescriptive guidance on how we should all be reacting to the Coronavirus (links below). In response to this guidance we have made the following decisions:
- All training and matches postponed until 14th April. Your Head coach or Director of Rugby will be in touch shorty with suggested individual training plans.
- We will provide an update on the TWRFC Countryside 7’s tournament in the next few days.
Youth and Mini Rugby
- All youth training and matches postponed until 14th April.
- The Head coach of your age group will advise you when (or if) we are able to recommence training. They may also set you individual rugby goals or challenges to keep you entertained.
- We are conscious that there are a number of outgoing tours and that these are at risk of being impacted. Each tour organiser is working to understand the impact and will communicate when they have any information.
The Government has advised to avoid social contact, hence……
- The Youth Ball that is planned for next weekend will be postponed. Further details on the postponement will follow tomorrow.
- The End of Season awards dinner will be postponed to the beginning of next season.
- The Clubhouse will be closed until further notice.
This is very disappointing, but hopefully in the circumstances, entirely understandable news. Let’s hope the virus is short lived and less impactful than the Government is planning for. Rugby is important but the health of the nation and our friends/family is way more important.
If anyone in our community needs any help or assistance over the coming weeks or months then please do get in touch with me or any member of the club and let us know. We know we are a valuable part of our local community and times like this we would will stand tall to support you. #OneTWRFC.
Stay safe and healthy.