So it’s three weeks since the AGM and I already feel fully ensconced in the role of Chairman. I thought I would share a quick ‘Blog’ with my thoughts and what we are working on to ensure we deliver on our mandate.
So here is a whistle stop tour of what’s going on:
- The first Board meeting was held last week in the new format. I have slightly expanded the Board to ensure it represents every aspect of our club: Seniors; Ladies; Operations; Commercial; House/Grounds; and of course the Youth. I asked each member to give an overview of their area and their aims for the year. We also had a good look at the financial budget for the year ahead and we all felt we are able to achieve good progress this year despite the loss of long terms sponsors like Axa.
- The Board is fully focussed on our three main aims for this year:
- Increase the number of volunteers across the club
- Diversify and increase visibility of revenues
- Build a development plan that is realistic and achievable
- In terms of other news:
- Steve Wickenden and Stuart Montgomery are settling in well to their roles of Co-Chairs of Playing. They are working smoothly alongside Jim Scully as Director of Rugby.The Seniors are back training and we are seeing good numbers enjoying the best in class coaching of Simon and Aston. The squad have welcomed a healthy number of new players and have already had the first social of the year!! Three pre-season games are arranged with a super local derby vs TJ’s on 31st August. Should be a great day up the club.
- The Ladies section are already back training and have their Rachel Burford summer camp coming up on 14th August.
- The Youth section is in planning mode but has the big and very enjoyable Kiwi camp coming up on 5th August. Sign up for guaranteed fun!
- Nick Van O is full steam ahead in his House and grounds role and hopefully you will see/feel a few changes around the clubhouse soon.
- Michelle and Martin are working hard to get us ready for the new season with Playing shirts, Kit, Membership and newsletters
- The next big event to have in your diary is the Summer Ball, please do get this in your diary and contact Michelle for tickets. https://twrfc.com/news/twrfc-summer-ball-28th-september-2019//
- Lastly, we are working really hard on our commercial ambitions and if you have any one we should contact for sponsorship/partnerships do let me know.
Lastly, I am enjoying the challenge of getting us ready for the new season and whilst we have come up against a few challenges we are relishing them. Can’t wait to see you up the club soon. If you feel you can help us in any way then please let us know, all volunteers are welcome.
One Club, #oneTWRFC